MVNOs, MVNEs and smaller operators are at a disadvantage compared to larger operators. They are even more dependent upon their network vendors to roll out new services and to resolve integration issues. This undermines one of their key advantages: their ability to deliver tailored and innovative services quickly. The flexibility to innovate at the speed of the ecosystem is increasingly important in the MVNO world.
Nearly all operators admit they struggle to speed up time-to-market for new services. In particular smaller operators are highly dependent on the availability and willingness of infrastructure vendors.
Breaking the vendor lock-in
BroadForward provides the means to independently enable use cases across vendors’ systems and (proprietary) technology. The BroadForward Interface Gateway is the Next Generation Diameter Signaling Controller providing a single solution for any-to-any protocol interworking and routing for Diameter, RADIUS, SS7 and IT protocols. Using the GUI based service orchestration environment of BroadForward, users can set up advanced use cases without any need for scripting or vendor involvement. Success in LTE will depend upon faster service differentiation. BroadForward offers smaller operators both flexibility and affordable adaptability of services, independent of vendors and technology.
BroadForward encourages MVNOs, MVNEs and smaller operators to take control of their signaling network. With BroadForward, operators can independently and immediately take action to enable services and tackle signaling challenges found in multi-vendor environments, across 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi/Fixed and IT. BroadForward hands operators the in-house capability to avoid lengthy engagements with product vendors and system integrators. BroadForward has the only Diameter Signaling Controller that provides the ability to own and control the signaling network, add network functions without changing existing systems, and independently resolve signaling issues across multi-vendor environments. BroadForward allows MVNOs, MVNEs and (smaller) operators to be the fastest innovator in their markets, and at the same time structural reduce integration and hardware costs.
MVNOs, MVNEs and operators can leverage the benefits offered by BroadForward to increase their power in the competitive market:
- Less dependency on vendors and system integrators: flexibility to manage complex broadband use cases independently;
- Faster time-to-market for broadband propositions: BroadForward enables integration in days instead of weeks or months;
- Productized integration: out-of-the box support for Diameter routing and mediation, Fixed-Mobile convergence, 3G-LTE data roaming, Wi-Fi offload integration, Number Portability, M2M/IoT etc.;
- Easy to use: configuration of the BroadForward solution is fully based on a graphical user interface, no need for scripting or vendor involvement;
- Reduced systems integration cost for broadband systems: using BroadForward is often cheaper than a single change request on core platforms;
- Extended economic lifetime of systems: BroadForward adds required connectivity functionality instead of system upgrades or replacements;
- Hardware independent: BroadForward has software based, supports use of standard off-the-shelf hardware, virtualization and cloud deployment.
Your dedicated BroadForward experts
Infradata is an award-winning BroadForward Partner with advanced specialties, and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognized by BroadForward as technical experts and advocates of BroadForward solutions. That means you can count on Infradata for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your business requirements, and design, implement, and manage a BroadForward-based solution to suit your needs.