Highly dynamic cloud data center networks continue to expand bringing with them ever increasing bandwidth demands, accelerating the need for dense 25 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet switching in both leaf and spine tiers of modern networks. The Arista 7160 Series are purpose built fixed configuration 10/25GbE and 100GbE systems with wire speed layer 2 and layer 3 features, built for the highest performance environments, and the largest scale data centers. They combine scalable L2 and L3 resources and high density with a highly programmable and customizable switch architecture.
The 7160 can be deployed in a wide range of open networking solutions including large scale layer 2 and layer 3 cloud designs, overlay networks, virtualized or traditional enterprise data center networks.
Arista Networks 7160 Series Introduction
The 7160 Series are available in a range of models with a choice of 10GBASE-T and 25GbE SFP with 40/100GbE QSFP uplinks and 40/100GbE systems that offer up to 32 ports of wire speed 100GbE in a 1RU system. The wide range of interfaces and density choice provides deployment flexibility.
High Performance 10/25/40/100GbE leaf-spine
- High density wirespeed 10GbE, 25GbE and 100GbE
- Up to 6.4Tbps of system capacity
- High density 25GbE SFP IEEE compliant
- Latency from 2usec port to port
- Dual mode 10/25GbE support for seamless migration to the next generation of Ethernet
Optimized for DC Designs
- Adaptable forwarding tables with custom profiles
- Programmable pipeline for application specific encapsulation
- Arista AlgoMatch for flexible and scalable network policy control
- Fully shared 24MB packet buffer
- Up to 128 Way Multi-Pathing over L2 and L3
Advanced Traffic Control, Provisioning and Monitoring
- CloudVision for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
- LANZ for Microburst Detection
- VXLAN and EOS Network Tracers
- Open Extensibility and Programmability
- Software Driven Cloud Networking
- Redundant and hot swap power and cooling
- Reversible airflow options for hot and cold aisle
- Smart System Upgrade with Hitless Software Upgrade
- Self-healing stateful fault repair (SFR)
- Resilient ECMP and LAG Hashing
- MLAG ISSU
MLAG Spine - All Active Multipath for Layer 2
- Standards based protocol (LACP)
- Simplified or eliminates Spanning Tree topology
- Simple to understand and easy to engineer traffic
ECMP - All Active Multipath for Layer 3
- Standards based protocol (OSPF, BGP)
- Eliminates L2 for exceptional scalability and fault tolerance
- Exceptional scale with consistent performance in 2 tiers
VXLAN Layer 2 over Layer 3 - Best of Both Worlds
- All active multipath using ECMP (up to 128-way)
- Single L3 network for all applications
- L2 extensions for stateful VM - VM over Layer 3
- Extends L2 with exceptional scalabilty (16M Virtual NWs)
- Cloudburst over public infrastructure
Your dedicated Arista Networks experts
Infradata is an award-winning Arista Partner with advanced specialties, and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognized by Arista as technical experts and advocates of Arista solutions. That means you can count on Infradata for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your business requirements, and design, implement, and manage a Arista-based solution to suit your needs.
Talk with an Expert
Speak with a solutions expert or architect. Give us a call or leave a message. Our team is ready for your business.
Infradata is an award-winning Arista Networks Partner and reseller. Our seasoned engineers deliver premium support and can execute projects on any scale.