Are you an ambitious self-starter who aims to keep a steep learning curve and to work in a dynamic environment? You will feel right at home at Infradata where you are surrounded by the smartest people alike and are challenged to come up with the most ingenious solutions.
Your role as a Network & Security Engineer
You will work for the Infradata Operations with a Project Engineering team. You will play an important role in projects where confidentiality, data integrity and system availability are of vital importance. You can develop yourself to become an expert in a certain network or security technology. In this way you will be able to contribute to specific projects which aim to design & implementations of complex L2 and L3 networks, WiFi implementations, load balancing solutions, VPN deployments, anti-DDOS architectures, network access control or authentication systems.
Your main responsibilities include
You are happy challenged every day to come up with new technical solutions. In order to do this, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Understanding the clients’ business needs and translating them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionality);
- Guiding customer teams at a technical level; project activities such as implementations, migrations, upgrades and/or green field installations;
- Proof of concept activities;
- Troubleshoot issues in a large-scale enterprise and ISP networks and systems;
- Liaise with vendors for incident and problem management;
- Designing and building automation tools based on perl/python or DevOps environment;
- Communication and coordination with customer architects to setup or improve existing technical solutions;
- Inventorying (existing) customer network implementations & preparation of technical improvement;
- Creation of High-Level and Low-Level Designs.
We are looking for a future colleague with the following knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record with a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Network & Security Engineer role in an IT services environment (preferably within an Internet Service or Cloud Networking Provider);
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent working experience;
- Certified for JNCIA, JNCIP-SP/ENT, or CCNA, CCNP, or F5 (level 301 is a plus), or Palo Alto PCNSE;
- Multivendor knowledge (Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto and Checkpoint);
- Knowledge of programming and scripting with Perl, Bash or Python is a plus;
- Experience with Unix / Linux systems, experience as a sysadmin (including windows) is a plus;
- You have experience with technical documentation;
- Adhere to change management and incident processes;
- Team player, self-driven, self-motivated with strong ethics;
- You are open minded, eager to learn and stress-resistant;
- English language fluency, both written and verbal;
- Dutch language fluency will be considered a plus;
- Open to occasional travel for migrations and implementations.
Infradata is an award-winning independent provider of state-of-the-art cyber security and cloud networking solutions and services. We enable customers to drive innovation and value with best-of-breed solutions. Infradata creates the foundation for a secure and thriving digital economy and digital society. Infradata is currently active in 7 countries.
At Infradata, it’s all about people and diversity. They are our company’s capital and ensure the quality of our services. Infradata continuously invests in the talents of its employees and also expects them to possess a healthy dose of entrepreneurial spirit and that they are not afraid to show personal initiative. Along with the focus on clients and the innovation strategy, there is also the requisite attention for the third success factor: Our culture. Infradata is a flat and informal international organisation with a winner mentality.
- The opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing award-winning companies in The Netherlands with an international scope;
- You work with leading companies and partners; therefore our organization has a very dynamic work environment with impressive, state-of-the-art projects;
- Excellent remuneration package which includes: a good salary, pension scheme, attractive bonus scheme, laptop, iPhone and a company car;
- Personal development (we enable you to study and develop yourself);
- Working in a modern office with a lot of flexibility;
- A chance to work with extraordinary driven and intelligent colleagues, where we regularly organize fun social activities and outings.
An online screening and a reference check are part of the application procedure.
Have you become enthusiastic about the role and working for Infradata? Apply directly via the application button “Apply Now” and submit your CV and cover letter to Jorinke de Hek.
If you require further information call Jorinke de Hek, Corporate Recruiter via 0639451009 or send an email to [email protected].
Network & Security Engineer
Job ID: #454069
"Technology is important, but it’s our people who make the difference.”
Jorinke de Hek
Apply for this job
If you are interested in this vacancy and you meet the requirements for the job, we want to hear from you!
Thank you. Your application was succesful. We will get back to you soon.