The First Generation of Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSC's) is not suitable for the challenges operators face today and tomorrow: Operators are already looking at cost optimisation through NFV/SDN and Multi-play (FMC) scenarios for new service revenues. They need to be able to make the most of ALL their signalling assets, and they need to be more agile (faster) to create new services. First generation DSC solutions are designed for routing (simple) diameter but were not designed for complex signalling scenarios across technologies such as WiFi, Fixed and Mobile. This would require multi-protocol interworking. Also, most DSC’s are hardware locked and require multiple product for IWF, although most do not even support many IWF scenarios. And even when they (claim they) do it is required to do scripting making the whole process expensive and slow.
The Broadforward BFX Interface Gateway is the Next Generation Diameter Signalling Controller (DSC) for 3G, 4G/LTE, IMS, Fixed and Wi-Fi networks. BFX combines interworking and routing across a wide range of protocols, including Diameter, RADIUS, HTTP, LDAP, SS7 etc.
Image: Diameter Signaling for MNO's with Next Generation Interworking
BFX offers completely GUI-based configuration and service orchestration, and runs on any off-the-shelf hardware or virtualization technology.
Image: GUI interface BFX
With BFX, operators are more independent, can innovate faster while structurally reducing integration lead times, hardware costs and vendor lock-in effects. BFX offers everything that is needed for intelligent routing and interworking in a single software solution. Competitive specifications of the BFX include:
• Single solution for any-to-any protocol interworking and routing, not just Diameter
• Works across Diameter, RADIUS, SS7 and IT protocols
• GUI based services orchestration, configurable service logic, no need for scripting or development
• Extensive mediation and interworking capabilities, fastest time to market for service innovation
• Most complete MAP-Diameter interworking function (on-board)
• Enables stateful scenarios using the on-board session database
• Supports integration with subscriber databases and IT systems
• Software based, supports use of standard hardware, virtualization and cloud deployment
• Structural reduction of integration efforts, hardware costs and vendor lock-in
Learn how Infradata deployed Broadforward as best fit solution in various other Use Cases. Find them in the menu on the left under 'BroadForward Use Cases' to read more.
Interested in the services of Infradata concerning BroadForward, don't hesitate to contact us at +32 (0)2 801 08 30 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.